Friday, October 24, 2008

Amy do it!

'I'm 2 and i can cut my own food!! What could possibly be more exciting?' I'm sure every parent can ditto that. Toddler insists "I do it!" mom pleads, "no you can't, I'll help you", followed by hysterics because she wasn't allowed to do it. I'm still there a lot, but occasionally, years of reading up on various forms of education filter through my 'heat of the moment' brain, and tell me to step back, bite my tongue, gulp, and LET her do it. For a little bit. SUPERvised! Result: no injuries yet (touch wood), confident kids, a bit too independent, will eat anything they cut themselves (wink). Even toilet training went much better after i stepped back and let Amy do it herself, with steps up to the seat. (potties and I don't go together).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sabby said...

lol... I was reading your blog and Mona came next to me and saw this pic of Amy cutting her fruit, lol...
She said 'look she is cutting food herself with her mummy's knife!"
lol... now i am in real trouble!! I could still fake it by giving her a plastic knife when she wants to help me cook dinner, but now it's over!! lol...
Hope to see you guys when u come back!
Bisous