Saturday, August 14, 2010

Aprons, aprons

We've had weeks of wintry cold weather and the accompanying flu season, which meant hours and hours at home, hence - sewing spreee!!!
Here are some aprons I whipped up, from a pattern i sort of came up with, inspired by a few different blogs. They are easy to put on by younger kids  all by themselves because of the velcro tab. I've also slipped elastic through the neck piece so the apron covers the child's chest, again this applies mostly to the under 5 crowd.
This apron has a plastic lining because the owner has recently decided that helping mummy with washing the dishes can be a lot of fun (and very wet). I used a new plastic mattress protector as the inner lining.
I absolutely adore this one, and the 2 year old friend who now plays tea parties with it.
Gotta have one for my little baker boy, he mainly makes an appearance in the kitchen when something sweet is cooking.

No comments: